My Wolfish thoughts

The infrequent musings of one wolfish character.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Monday, September 28, 2009

Movin' on up!

The past week has almost been a blur for me. Let me see if I can put
this in some sort of order and coherence.

Two weekends ago we had looked around for a place to move to but nothing
was any good. My Wife, the temperamental Muse, had gone into a minor
depressed mood. I told her, "Listen, sometimes it can take MONTHS
before you find the right place.

Then last Saturday (09/20/09) My Wife and I made the decision to
actually look for a new place to live. Not 'look' as in.."yeah
yeah..lets see what they have" but 'Look' as in "Ok, when we find a
place we like, we will crunch the numbers to make sure we arent going to
starve". We looked at one place and it was WAY too small. I feared
another depression. We went back to looking at an online site. There
was one that was newly listed..less than three hours old. It had no
Pictures. Damn. Well I contacted the person through the website asking
for pictures and a few questions. I expected a few days later I would
get a response. uumm...15 minutes later I got a response. And then
Pictures. Ok...not bad... but with the right angles and good lighting,
anything can look good. We asked if we could view it. The replay came
back for the next day between 12 and 1. Not bad..not bad at all.

Sunday, 09/21/09. We go to the House, I set to see something small and
leaving me wanting more. Ok, So I was wrong. It was almost perfect. We
talked with the guy that is renting the Apartment basement. he didnt
have anything bad to say. Ok. So we talk to the guy again on Monday
(via Email). we ask a few more questions and get answers. I arrange to
Meet with him on Wednesday for the deposit. Lease agreement presented,
again a few more questions...Um..Utilities INCLUDED? damn...I did my
best to hide the excitement. I probably failed, but I would like to
think I pulled it off. This tidbit bring the price almost in line with
what we are paying now!. A bigger place, that is a house not a garden
level apartment, for around the same price, to say I am eager is an
understatement. I stated Packing Saturday (09/26/09). Most of the
pictures, knick knacks, and books are packed. a couple of the shleves
are taken off the wall. The Living room is down to almost just the
furniture. uuumm..what next??..lol I am planning on packing the
kitchen (there are several cupboards that we hardly open so they are
safe to pack.)

Hopefully in 2 weeks or less I can blog from the new place.

Just a few excited Wolfish thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home